Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Jesus In Our Children....






The other night Lee (my husband) and I were spending time in prayer and worship. I found an older Third Day song on YouTube and we began watching the video on our TV. We were both lost in the presence of the Lord and really weren't paying attention to anything that was going on around us. So to our surprise when the video ended we heard Cassidy our youngest daughter softly sobbing on the couch. She had been watching the video and worshiping along side us. It had shown images and clips from the movie The Passion Of The Christ and needless to say little Cassidy Joy was moved beyond words. She climbed up in my lap and I comforted her and began explaining how much Jesus loves us. Telling her that he suffered,died and rose again so that we could be saved  and enter into his kingdom .....at his side for all of eternity. She nodded her head in understanding. When she left the room Lee and I just looked at one another in amazement. What a blessing! That one so young (8 years old) would have such a heart for God..... So precious! 

A few minutes later Alana our 14 year old daughter came into the living room with a huge smile on her face. When we asked her what happened she said that Cassidy came to her and said with tears streaming from her little blue eyes... "I am so sorry for everything I ever did that was mean to you! I love you!" We were all just speechless. In an atmosphere of worship and seeing a visual of just a small portion of what Jesus did for her, Cassidy's heart swelled with love and gratitude for Christ. She then wanted to extend that love to her sister. 

 As a mother when you see God moving in your childrens lives and touching their hearts it can only be described as pure joy! When a child sees your love of God,  your faithfulness and kindness to others. He or she will learn from that. A child who is brought up in a home of prayer and worship WILL serve and love God also. Sometimes, as they experience life and its ups and downs there may come a time when they stray from the Lord. But this one thing I DO believe with my whole heart. They will ALWAYS return to the Lord. So whom will you serve? Assuredly, your children will follow.


*** Angela Jennifer ***

2 comments:

  1. I am so moved by this. I cried most of the time. Maybe it's because she's "my favorite" (no offense, Momma knows what I mean). Maybe it's because I feel the same was Cass feels sometimes. I am so sad to see Him hurt FOR ME! So neat! You guys are the best parents.

    ReplyDelete